Almighty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

K-Style Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blaze
Admin
Blaze

K-Style Guide Empty
PostSubject: K-Style Guide   K-Style Guide Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:33 pm

About this guide:

This is a full K-Style Guide, from the very basics of cancelations to the most advanced K-Style moves, aswell as a strategy page on how to USE these moves efficiently. So far I've just got these guides going so I may make some changes every now and then. I'm currently thinking about deleting the strategy page and adding strategies under the lists of moves explaining how to perform the moves and practice them, but I'm not quite sure yet. The main idea of the Strategy page is to seperate actual moves from tactics and techiques. There are many guides that mix strategies up with moves and add "moves" like "zigzag butterfly". This in my oppinion is rather stupid, there's a huge difference between an actual move, and a tactic / techique used while PERFORMING that move.
That being said, let's move on to the learnin'!

What K-Style is:

K-style stands for Korean Style, it’s a game play style based on the cancellation of moves mainly using a sword. K-style is made up of glitches and oversights of GunZ programming, they were completely unintentional so far as we can all tell, however do to the fact that it gives the game that extra twist in a manner of speaking, and lets players develop the skills required to take full advantage of these glitches, which make the game so interesting. It is often debated on what would happen without k-style? Personally I think GunZ would die out extremely fast, there are thousands, possibly tens of thousands of players that buy “premium items” that pay for GunZ to keep running. Almost every one of these players uses K-style and other glitches that make the game unique.

K-style is said to have originally been created by a GunZ player by the name of Kraise, also known as Korean. Kraise didn’t “invent” K-style as it is often said, you cannot “invent” or “make” new moves in GunZ, every move is already there. What Kraise did was found and exploited the moves that cancel each other out, making other, more complex moves possible, there is a list of these moves further down. Kraise was more than likely not the first person to use such moves as these, being as wall climb is in the Game Play guides on most official GunZ sites. As you’ll come to learn, wall climbing is as you guessed, a technique used to climb walls, by canceling the jump and rebound off a wall by slashing, you can learn more about this in the Basic K-Style section.

The point of K-style is to enable to you to move quicker and more fluently, it also allows you to shorten the length of your moves so you can, in a way, do more than one move at a time. A good example of this is Butterfly otherwise known as bf or bfly. Using bf allows you to dash around while slashing and blocking, by using bf you’re evading your enemy, blocking attacks from your enemy and possibly doing damage to them, all at once. For more information about bf and other moves, read my Basic K-Style Guide.

So basically K-style makes you faster, more evasive, and enables you to inflict damage more quickly, also keep in mind that most of K-style is performed with a sword, being as most glitches are not possible with a dagger. K-style is by no means the only skill in GunZ, and K-style alone will not make you “Pro”. It’s being able to effectively use what you know to defeat your enemy that will make you “pro”. Knowing K-style doesn’t make you pro or an expert at GunZ so just because you see some one else who has not yet learned K-style or simply does not like it, does NOT make them a “Noob”.

The Cancelations:

The very foundation of “K-style” is made up by a rather simple list of very basic moves used to cancel each other out, allowing you to move quicker and more fluently while inflicting damage and avoiding being damaged at the same time. These moves are as follows:

[Note: assume all moves are done with a sword or Kodachi]

Every jump can be canceled by a dash, slash, or wall jump.
Every dash can be canceled by a slash.
Every slash can be canceled by another slash, a block, or a weapon change.
Every weapon change can be canceled by tapping reload
(this only works if you CAN reload, i.e. if you’re using a shotgun and your ammo is at 4/0 you can’t reload another shot because there’s nothing to reload into your chamber. Or if your gun is full, it cannot be reloaded until there is a shot missing from the chamber).
Every reload can be canceled by a weapon change (Cancels the reload action, your gun will not finish reloading).
Every wall run can be canceled by a slash, or jump.
Every wall jump can be canceled by a wall hang or slash.

Keeping these in mind, go check out my Basic K-Style Guide. The moves in the Basic K-Style section are the platform for more advanced, more complicated moves which you can find in my Intermediate K-Style and Advanced K-Style Guides.

Basic K-Style

When learning these moves, you may see others doing it very fast, and you’ll want to do it as fast as them, however, when you're learning new moves, its best to practice getting the move right every time. Take your time when you’re learning, don’t rush things or you’ll mess up more, once you’ve gotten to the point where you can do the move correctly every time, and you use it more often you’ll start to get faster.

Another important thing to remember is when you start using moves like SS, HS, HHS, it doesn’t matter how fast you move if you’re not hitting your target. Maybe practice aiming with a friend, they can block and you should be able to see if it hits or not, or they can tell you.

When you’re learning and practicing these moves, it may be easiest to learn with a gun like revolvers, they have a better delay time than shotguns and won’t keep firing like a machine gun or sub machine gun will.

Don’t expect to get things right the first try, it takes time and practice for all of these things, take your time, don’t give up, and always remember to aim because that’s more important than speed.

■ Wall Climb / Wall Cancel
Description: Allows you to climb up walls without hanging
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash at wall (Hold the direction key after the dash) > jump > slash > Repeat if needed.
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachis / Dagger
Best for: Climbing walls and other objects on the map. Best way to practice:
Fan review: Works in any direction, not just forward, but you need to approach the wall at a fairly strait angle. Once you're better it will be a good idea to replace this move with "Flash step" as it gives you better control.

■ Butterfly
Description: Bf / Bfly
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash > slash > block.
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachis
Best for: Moving around quickly while attacking your enemy and avoiding attacks by your enemy at the same time. Best way to practice:
Fan review: This is a very basic, yet very effective move, It's also pretty good for moving around quickly while blocking attacks. This move will NOT block all attacks.

■ Ground Butterfly
Description: Ground Bf, Gbf,
How-to: Start with sword. Slash > block > Repeat.
Best for: Best way to practice:
Fan review: This is basically the same thing as bf, only without the jump, you can dash in between your slash blocks but you can’t do them at the same time the way you do with normal bf.

■ Shadow Slash
Description: two slash combo
How-to: Start with sword. Slash > slash > block > repeat
Best for: Used in combos with other moves to move around your enemy fast doing fast effective melee damage. Best way to practice:
Fan review: This is a VERY effective move, because the first slash will disable your enemies block and the second slash will do damage. The idea is to hit block as your second slash STARTS, after that you can either hold the block to defend against possible massives, or start another combo.

■ Void slash
Description: Quick repetative slashing.
How-to: Start with sword. Slash hold > slash hold > slash hold > continue
Best for: Very fast melee damage with kodachis Best way to practice:
Fan review: Void slash is mainly used with kodachis because of their short delay; basically you slash and hold the slash for a split second, before letting go and slashing again, instead of doing a slash combo. When done properly your character will do the same slash animation over and over very quickly. To other people and in replays it looks like your charging your sword while slashing.

■ Void block
Description: Repetative blocking
How-to: Start with sword. Tap block > tap block > tap block > continue
Best for: Blocking multiple attacks in a row. Best way to practice:
Fan review: Void block is used to block melee attacks over and over, the faster you tap block the more hits you can block. You’ll probably want to disable sticky keys, if you don’t know what that is you will after you try this. Keep in mind, you can void block as fast as you can hit the block button.
The major downside to this is It's nearly impossible to cause your enemy to recoil while doing this.

■ Slash Shot
Description: SS
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > slash > switch > shoot > switch back to sword.
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachis + Any gun
Best for: Combos Best way to practice:
Fan review: Many guides say that SS has a dash in it, this maybe so, but the dash isn’t necessarily needed, SS is as it says slash shot, however you can do it with a dash by dashing right after you jump. This is used so you can shoot while moving, by linking SS to other moves. Tip: When you slash, hold your attack key/button (default is lmb) and then when you switch to gun, the shot will come out automatically, then you can let go of your attack key and finish the move. Also I suggest learning it with the scroll wheel on your mouse, then learning it with number keys later.

■ Light step
Description: Two dashes in one jump
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash > slash > dash.
Best for: Mid air to travel further without dropping down. Best way to practice:
Fan review: Light step is some what of a forgotten move to many. It’s a move that you usually learn while learning Hs (Half Step) or Fs (flash step), and most people never really think about it after they know moves like HS and which uses Light step as part of the move.

■ Silent step
Description: Silently dash
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > slash > dash.
Best for: Moving around quietly to sneak up on your enemy. Best way to practice:
Fan review: There are other ways to dash silently, but they're not silent step.

■ Flash step
Description: FS
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash > slash > switch to gun > switch to sword.
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachis + Any gun
Best for: Effectively moving around quickly with great control to evade attacks. Also Wall climbing and attacking your enemy. Best way to practice:
Fan review: Possibly the most used K-Style move used today. It's used in several different moves.

■ Reload shot
Description: Reload shot or RS is a way to cancel the switch animation from a gun to another item
How-to: Start with gun. Shoot > Tap reload > Switch (Optional: switch from gun to gun doing this)
Weapon(s) used: Any Gun.
Best for: Point blank shots with shotties Best way to practice:
Fan review: this only works if you CAN reload, i.e. if you’re using a shotgun and your ammo is at 4/0 you can’t reload another shot because there’s nothing to reload into your chamber. Or if your gun is full, it cannot be reloaded until there is a shot missing from the chamber.

■ Shadow Nading
Description: Throwing two grenades together very quickly.
How-to: You need two sets of grenades, they can't be the same kind (i.e. Canox FG1 and Canox FG1 won't work). Use all of the second set except for one. Starting with the last grenade from the second set. Hold down the fire button and when the last grenade comes out, it will automaticaly switch you to the first set of grenades and a second nade will come out almost instantly.
Weapon(s) used: Any grenade / Med
Fan review:

■ Quick medding
Description: Allows you to drop your meds at a more efficient rate.
How-to: Switch to first pack > drop > switch to second pack > drop > repeat if needed
Weapon(s) used: Any pack that replenishes hp / ap / ammo
Fan review: I personaly wouldn't really consider this a k-style move, but in a way it kind of is I guess.

■ Quick Launch
Description: Cancels the full flip animation allowing you to start another attack right away.
How-to: Start with sword. Flip > block
Best for: Starting an insta or butterfly juggle Best way to practice:
Fan review: The point of Quick launch is to shorten the flip animation so you can use it in combos. To use quick launch successfully the block must be done as soon as possible, without completely canceling the flip. You can either hold block, or if your doing an insta combo, you should only tap block.

■ Block rush
Description: Lets you dash around in between / durring blocks
How-to: Start with sword. Dash > hit the flip button > push block before you actually do the flip
Fan review: This move is a little bit pointless but may come in helpful some time

■ Butterfly Wall Climb
Description: Wall climbing with bf
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash > jump > slash > block > dash > jump > slash > block etc..
Weapon(s) used: Sword
Best for: Practicing normal bf -> Best way to practice: This is actually really good practice for normal bf, when you use the same pattern on the ground it makes your bf quicker and more controled
Fan review:

Intermediate K-Style:

Well, I had originaly broken K-Style up into Basic and Advanced, but seeing as there were so many moves that were so advanced, and some that were so simple I figured I'd best make an Intermediate section aswell. This basicly covers every thing an average k-style user can do.
I'd strongly advice newer players or even older players that never learned some of the stuff in the Basic section, to READ the Basic K-Style section. Also check out the cancelations list on the K-Style intro page, once you understand the basic moves and cancelations, you can create your own combos, which I'll cover in the Strategy section.

Once you can do all these moves, you can learn some more moves in my Advanced K-Style section. I would also recomend that you read my Strategy section. K-style is completely useless if you don't know HOW to use it in a fight.

Remember K-Style isn't the only "pro" style in the game, there are no SET weapon combo's for K-Style, and if some one's not very good at the game, don't taunt them. If they suck they're either new, and you shouldn't be so rude to them, every one was a newbie at some point. Or they've been playing the game for ages and they still suck, in which case you should feel bad for them, and then send them here to learn a thing or two. ;-)
Have a bit of compasion for other people, just because you can't see them, doesn't make them less than a human. Just because you're having a bad day, or you're frustrated, or just don't like the person, or maybe even just proud of a victory, doesn't mean you have to treat them like shit...

Thanks for reading, and good luck,

■ Double butterfly
Description: Two slash blocks in one jump
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > slash > block > dash > slash > block
Best for: Getting around blocks Best area to use in:
Fan review: Double butterfly is a very usefull move to deliver damage to some one who's blocking. The first slash will disable their block, the second slash will deliver damage. When learning this move it's best to practice without the dash, this is called static double butterfly, static meaning stationary.

■ Half step
Description: An evasive shooting move
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash > slash > switch to gun > shoot > switch to sword > dash
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachi + any gun
Best for: Best area to use in:
Fan review: Hs can be linked together with other moves, it’s a way to move around quickly while getting shots out at your target, it’s a great attack move and a good evasive move, it doesn’t matter which way you dash with either dash. Many people can only HS in one direction because when they’re learning it they only practice doing it one way i.e. Jump > dash right > slash > switch > shoot > switch back to sword > dash left. However it does not matter which way you dash you can make the first dash in any direction, and the second dash in any direction. Hold fire like you do with SS to make this easier, and same as SS learn with scroll wheel first, and then keys.

■ Half half step
Description: Similar to Hs
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash > slash > switch to gun > jump > dash > shoot > switch back to sword
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachi + any gun
Fan review: Hhs is used much like Hs, only you switch to gun > land > jump > dash with gun > then shoot, this makes your aim slightly more accurate because you have a little more time to correct your cross-hair because your gun is out longer. It is also much debated that Hhs is more evasive because of the gun dash. With this move you CAN hold your slash like you do with SS and Hs, however that takes away your extra time to aim. Again, it’s probably best if you learn with scroll wheel first.

■ Reload Slash Shot
Description: Quick repetative shooting while dashing
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > (Optional dash) > slash > switch to gun > shoot > tap reload > switch to sword.
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachis + any gun
Best for: doing damage on the go Best area to use in:
Fan review:

■ Reload half step
Description: A faster version of hs
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash > slash > switch > shoot > tap reload > switch to sword > dash
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachis + any gun
Best for: spam? Best area to use in:
Fan review:

■ Reload half half step
Description: A faster less accurate version of hhs
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > dash > slash > switch to gun > jump > shoot > tap reload > switch to sword > dash
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachis + any gun.
Best for: Shooting around corners and the going back under cover quickly Best area to use in:
Fan review:

■ Pyon Pyon Quick Step (PPQ)
Description: RHHS with two shots
How-to: Start with sword. Jump > Dash > Slash > Switch to Gun > Fire > Jump > Tap Reload > Dash > Switch to Gun > Fire > Tap Reload > switch to sword
Weapon(s) used: Sword / Kodachi + any 2 guns
Fan review:

■ Insta Fall
Description: Makes your enemy fall to the ground instantly.
How-to: Start with sword. Flip > tap block > jump > slash > (optional) block
Weapon(s) uhttps://2img.net/i/fa/wysiwyg/text_bold.pngsed: Sword / Kodachis
Best for: an easy win Best area to use in:
Fan review: This is the most basic form of insta fall, when you jump slash, it hits your enemy causing them to fall instantly, if they don’t fall to the ground instantly it did not work, some times it will tell you they were hit but they weren’t. It is however possible for your enemy to safe fall.

Credits:
-Mr. Jack (http://gunzwiki.wetpaint.com/page/K-Style)
Back to top Go down
http://www.almightygaming.tk/

K-Style Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Almighty :: IJJI :: GunZ :: GunZ Discussions-
Jump to: